As I write this I'm sitting pool side at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. I am in Vegas for a software development conference. God knows that I love to travel and He also knows that I am trying to save money in every area of my life right now. To be able to essentially take a free trip is just another of the blessings that He has given me since I said yes to this whole adoption thing. I feel extremely grateful for the opportunities He continues to provide for me. One of these opportunities was to watch the Lion King production. It was a remarkable show full of vibrant color and energy. Since the story takes place in Africa I couldn't help but think about my children as I looked in the face of young Simba.
Tomorrow I leave to come back home. It will likely be the last airplane I will be on until I leave to go to Ethiopia. As I near the holiday season I am aware that it will likely be my last Thanksgiving and Christmas without my sons being home. Each of these events reminds me that with the passage of each day I am one day closer. I intend to be thankful for not only that but also to be thankful for all of the time in between because each day is a chance to live for the One that has orchastrated all of this according to His plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment