The past two weeks I have been working diligently on getting some of the paperwork out of the way. This included a trip to my bank as well as a trip to the doctor's office; both of which could not have gone better. I have gotten several items signed off on from my placing agency and I am encouraged by the help I have received from all those involved in each step. I have realized that in all of this I can't obsess about the details. It is one of the things I'm gradually letting go and allowing God to have. On Wednesday I had my second home study meeting to go over some more things and discuss the various articles that I have been reading over the past two weeks. Once again we had very natural and comfortable conversation. We scheduled the actual home visit for July 26th. Until then I will stay busy reading a couple books, "Raising Adopted Children" and "Toddler Adoption" and continuing to chip away at gathering the required documents for my dossier. I will also be taking a mission trip to Haiti during that time where our team will be doing VBS in the mornings for about 200 kids and installing a couple kitchens for a feeding program in the afternoons. I'm excited about this opportunity and believe that God is going to continue to transform my heart during this trip.
Couple Fun Things -
-It is very hard for me to not buy lots of stuff for my kids but so far I've been very good. I did breakdown the other day when I saw this super cool fighter jet pool float for $15 on woot.com. I can picture my boys playing on it on a summer's afternoon now. I also found a dancing Cincinnati Bengals dinosaur at goodwill the other day that I couldn't pass up.
-I stumbled across this site the other day - http://www.amharickids.com/. It was started by a family that adopted children born in Ethiopia and has some pretty cool Ethiopian things on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's always hard not to buy everything you see for your kids - so that won't get any easier with time!! :-)
ReplyDelete