Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day To Me :)

It has been a busy week. Tuesday was the scheduled date for the first hearing. I talked to my agency Tuesday afternoon and although they hadn't heard anything officially they said it was likely that the judge was on vacation. Needless to say, this news didn't put me at complete peace and yet I know God has even the vacation schedule of my judge in His hands. My agency said to go ahead and book tickets so Wednesday morning I made the airline reservations that will take me to meet my children. Thursday my agency sent me new pictures of my boys and my heart melted once again. I can't wait to hold them and know that they are mine forever.

I received my first couple mother's day wishes at work on Friday. To celebrate my new role as a mother, my parents bought me some gummi butterflies and a wonderful picture of a mother and baby elephant with the scripture underneath that reads, "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you." Isaiah 66:13. I know that I'm going to need that comfort so much in the coming weeks until my children come home and I'm so thankful I have a God that is in the comforting business.

This morning during my prayer time at church, I ran across this scripture from Ephesians 4:32-5:2 - "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." In a world where forgiveness and compassion at times seems hard to find, it was a good reminder for me of the life God has called me to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment