Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update from Addis #2

May 17 -
I woke up today expecting to see Natinael. Due to some miscommunication he had already been moved to the same place as Mulatu but we just didn’t know it. So the plan is to see him tomorrow. We spent the day touring Ethiopia - we went to a couple resorts - one with monkeys you could feed and hot springs. The other was a top of the line place where we ate lunch and enjoyed hanging out watching the kayakers on the lake. I didn’t sleep much last night. I just kept replaying the day over and over in my head. I’m so close and still so far away. I realize that I have to take this one step at a time and continue to trust God has all of this in His hands. Sometimes that is easier said then done.

May 18 -
Today was a fantastic day - We began the morning by taking a trip back to the orphanage to see Mulatu and Natinael. I got to meet Nati for the first time and he is perfect just like his brother. We were able to take our first pictures together as a whole family. Nati and Mulatu both sat in my lap and we played with my sunglasses and with a little matchbox car. They also really enjoyed pushing all the buttons on my watch. It was once again a perfect time together and I can’t wait to share the pictures with you all.
We spent the rest of the morning shopping for a few souvenirs. I got a mask to add to my collection and a few other things. We then went to the Sheraton for lunch. It was a pretty incredible hotel. We are back at the guest house for a rest time before heading out tonight for dinner. Court is only two days away. Of this whole process I think that is the thing that makes me the most anxious. Please continue to pray that everything goes well.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! :-) how fun to have them both with you together. can't wait to see the pics and hear more about your trip!!

    ReplyDelete