Thursday, August 25, 2011

Case Cleared

I can never tire of seeing that subject in my inbox. I frequently check my email on my phone even before getting in the shower and could hardly believe what I found yesterday morning. It was an unexpected start to my work day to say the least. I immediately called my parents as I did a dance around the room. A couple things I noticed as I traveled to work yesterday after receiving the news: I drove much faster than normal (I believe there was some crazy adrenaline pumping through me), I found myself sweating and my heart beating fast, and I sang worship songs at the top of my lungs with a very grateful heart.

Since then I have had some time to process the reality that I now know when my boys are coming home but in some ways it still seems like a dream. My mind has been in a whirlwind trying to make sure I have taken care of everything. I booked flights today, 3 tickets to Addis, 5 coming home. There is a sense of finality in seeing the names of my sons on their own plane tickets. I am working on getting hotel rooms, follow up appointments, travel insurance, and making mental lists of what I need to make sure to pack. In addition, I’m trying to make sure I have everything covered at work and don’t leave behind any loose ends.

As I look back from this side, the wait has been brutal. I always knew that God would be faithful even on days when it seemed the waiting world never end. Last Sunday there was this realization that hit me in a powerful way. I realized that God would be victorious in this battle. I had no idea that the victory would come this week but I’m so thankful. All that is left now is a short trip to Ethiopia, an interview at the US embassy, collecting their visas and we are home clear. The adventure is just beginning and I can’t wait to see what is around the next corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment