Friday, September 2, 2011
Until Addis
There are some moments in life you wish you could capture in a bottle so that you can relive them over and over. For me this is one of the moments. As expected this past week has flown. When I get home the only thing I want to do is concentrate on spending time with my beautiful sons. With that in mind, I’ve crammed as much shopping, cleaning and yard work into the past week as possible. I have packed and repacked for this trip numerous times. I’m almost there, just a few more things to throw in the bag tonight and I’ll be ready. Throughout the past week I have been once again reminded of how much support and love I have behind me. I can’t tell you how many people have told me that not only are they praying for me but they have laid it on the hearts of those in their churches to pray as well, many of whom I don’t even know. I know that I am truly blessed. It has been my hope from the beginning that my family’s story will inspire others to actions (both big and small) that will make our world a better place and in doing so will bring honor and glory to God. I’m sure the coming days will be filled with many memories and stories. I seek to soak up every moment and fully embrace this journey God has led me down. It seemed at times I would never get to his point in the path but I’m here now and I’m so excited to see what lies beyond the next hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just caught up reading your blog. Hope you are enjoying your time in Addis and looking forward to seeing you and the boys in a few weeks (hopefully)!! :-)
ReplyDelete