September 6 -
We arrived yesterday morning- had a wonderful, relaxing drive to DC - was able to take a swim in the hotel pool and get a good nights rest before heading out on Sunday. The flight was long but uneventful. I was able to watch a few good movies but I didn't get much sleep when we arrived I had my reunion with the boys. They seemed to remember me and their faces lit up with those smiles I had been missing. We played with several of the toys I had brought. I got some sleep last night but I still felt pretty exhausted. I had forgotten how much that flight kicks my butt. Right now I'm watching the boys sleeping in my room - we have had a full day of always outside, reading, and learning new things. They can both count and seem to know some letters. We are learning the English words for all sorts of things. Today Nate went in his room and brought out the book I'd made him and showed me my picture. It was so sweet. I love these two boys so much. I can't wait until we are home and can get on a schedule. Until then I'll just take it one day at a time pouring all the love I can into them.
September 7 -
So last night I was pretty intimidated by the whole embassy appointment and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. We had to get up bright and early this morning - breakfast was at 6:30 - we left at 7. Part of the embassy appointment included taking the boys with me so we all piled into the van for the hour ride. The interview went extremely well - few simple questions and everything is now finale. After the embassy we brought the boys back to the transitional home and then spent the afternoon shopping - I was able to pick up some CD/DVDs in their language and berbere spice that they can sprinkle on the American food as they get used to new flavors. I'm counting the days until we are home and a whole new adventure begins. I have moments when I question whether I am really up to this but I have to continually remind myself that I am not in this alone and God will provide me with everything I read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad to hear the embassy went well and the boys are with you. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again. I'm so glad your wait is finally over. We can't wait to meet them --- and see you as a MOTHER.
ReplyDelete