Sunday, October 9, 2011

I’ll keep the dents...

In Cars 2 there is a scene where Mater talks about his collection of dents. Someone offers to buffer them out and he protests saying they are all memories. Having two boys means getting hit by random flying balls and wrestling matches which results in a variety of bruises. Like Mater I would not trade these bruises for anything because they represent good times with my boys.

They had a wonderful experience at the Dentist. I can not say enough good things about the Pediatric Dentistry of Hamburg and Dr. Jackson. Mulatu didn't have any cavities but Nate has two so he will have to go for a follow up in about three weeks. Although I'm sure that experience will not be fun I'm very grateful that the first trip went so well. God continues to be in the details of this journey and I know he will take care of every concern I have.

This weekend we went to Steak and Shake for the first time. Mulatu enjoyed a chocolate shake while Nate choose Strawberry. We also went to our first yardsale. They kids enjoyed picking out some 'new' toys and it provided some pretty cheap entertainment. Yesterday was our second attempt at church. Mulatu had already informed me on Saturday that he didn't want to go to church. That attitude persisted on Sunday morning so instead of sitting in the service he went to his class and played with the other children. He got a very good report and learned about sharing. He colored a fantastic picture of two dogs and came out with a big smile. Nate stayed with me in the service. I'm going to let him decide when he is ready to move to his classroom.

Today marks the one month mark and they have learned so much in the past month I continue to be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment