Sunday, February 12, 2012
I am your son
My boys and I watched the movie Kung Fu Panda 2 the other day and since then the phrase 'I am your son' has been going through my mind. In the movie the panda, Po, discovers that he has been adopted and goes on a quest to discover who he really is. At the end of the movie, he comes back to have a conversation with his dad - "I found out who I am, I am your son." Po had come to the conclusion that regardless of his past and the ways he could have chosen to define himself, there was only one definition that mattered. In the same way, in life when we come to the realization that we are God's son (or daughter), we quickly understand that nothing else really matters. That one fact can change everything if we let it. I pray that my sons are able to grow up with the understanding that not only are they my sons but more importantly they are God's sons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment