Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lovin' Life

With four and a half months comes the opportunity to learn a lot. Each and every day the boys seem to pick up on more language and the world in which they now live. Some of the favorite sayings these days are "Come On" (as in please do what I want), "What?" and "Me's Turn". They also throw "ing" on random words which tends to crack me up. Some of my favorite conversations this week include one I had with Mulatu - He had caused an African Mask to fall down and break. He said: "I'm Sorry Mama" Me: "It's Okay" Him: "Thank You" Me: "For What" Him: "It's Okay". In a very pure way my son was thankful for forgiveness. It was a sweet moment and one that made me reflect on my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Another conversation occurred with Nate. I had out his Visa because I had to make copies for my taxes. In his visa and passport pictures he looks very unhappy so I was asking him if he was angry or scared. He looked up into my eyes and said "I'm Happy." It was as though how he felt in those pictures was in the past and right now all he knew was he was happy. It is moments like that when I want to wrap my arms around my kids and never let them go.

I have sent off my taxes and I'm grateful for a government that at this point in time is very supportive of adoption in a monetary way. On the other hand, it has been my experience that insurance is not as kind. I continue to get medical bills for my kids for various appointments we have had. We have been so blessed that both of my boys have been healthy since they have come home. I am also grateful that were they to get sick they would have medical resources at their disposal but if I'm honest I'm sick and tired of getting bills.

The next few months have several fun things in store. We have our sixth month follow up homestudy in a week and a half (I can't believe that it is time for that already). After that I am planning on taking them to Monkey Joe's so we can celebrate. Since we have had squat snow this winter, we are planning a trip to Perfect North to go tubing. In April, I've rented a cabin in Gatlinburg with an indoor pool so we can go swimming. They have been wanting to go on a roller coaster every since reading the book 'Go Dog Go' so we will head to Dollywood on that trip as well. I'm looking forward to making all of these fun memories and so many more. In between we have some more shots and another trip to the dentist. All in all I'm loving life as a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment