Blessed. That is the word that I would use to sum up my
emotions on this mother’s day. I had numerous people send me messages on
facebook, send texts and call me on the phone all wishing me a happy mother’s
day. I am thankful for each of these people in my life because not only did
they wish me happy mother’s day but they have taken time to pour love into my
family throughout the past several months. I took time to reflect last night
about the journey that led me to this point in my life; about the fact that if
I had altered just one of numerous decisions I would not be sitting here with
these two beautiful boys in my life. I am completely humbled and grateful to
God for his plan for me because it truly is better than anything I could have
planned for myself. Yesterday Mulatu told me that I did not come get him soon enough
from Africa. He asked me if the plane went slow. I told him that the plane and
I came as fast as we could. I love my sons. I love their smiles and their
laughs. I love the way they make me laugh. I love watching them with my
parents. Yesterday was a pretty laid back mother’s day. We went home after
church. Ate a typical meal of ramon noodles and lentil soup and just hung out
together. We spent the afternoon at mom and dad’s house. I found myself looking
around, I was sitting on the couch next to dad, Mulatu had fallen asleep at the
end of the couch next to me, mom and Nate were laying together on the loveseat
watching TV and I just thought about how beautiful our family was and how it
was simply perfect. I am attending a bible study on Sunday nights so for the
past two weeks Sundays have become a night at grandmas. There had a been a
discussion earlier in the day as we were packing to go to grandma’s that went
something like this. Me: You can only take one animal with you to Grandma’s.
(As I look over and Nate has four in his arms) Nate: The little ones will get
scared if they are left here alone. Mulatu: My animals will take care of your
animals Nate it is ok. I hadn’t thought anymore about this but when I went in
their room last night after I got home Mulatu had set up all his animals around
Nate’s bed to watch over his animals. I smiled. Little moments like this that
are simply priceless. On a side note, today is exactly one year from the time I boarded the plane that would lead me to Ethiopia to meet my boys. What a year it has been. Yes, I am indeed blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment